How to Share IGTV Videos to Your Instagram Story
Are you making the most out of IG TV?
It’s Instagram’s platform enabling content creators to make videos that are longer than Instagram stories or even those you put on your feed. You’ll be able to make video content that’s meaningful and valuable to your audiences straight on Instagram.
Fortunately, Instagram now offers a way for creators to post a snippet of their IG TV videos to their stories, something that’s even easier and simpler than linking and encouraging your followers to swipe up!
Here’s how to repost Instagram videos from IGTV to stories:
- Step #1: From IGTV, choose which video you want to post a teaser of on IG Stories.
- Step #2: Tap the paper airplane icon at the bottom of the video.
- Step #3: Choose the ‘Add to your own story’ option. You will be taken to the IG Stories screen, with a preview of your video in the middle as a sticker.
- Step #4: Edit the post as you wish, keeping the IGTV sticker on the post. When your followers tap on it, they will be prompted to go straight to the video to watch it on IGTV.
- Step #5: Post is as you would any IG Story.
It’s a very easy and intuitive process. It’s even highly customizable! With this option, Instagram has made it possible for everyone to easily direct their followers to their IGTV videos.
You don’t have to be verified on Instagram or wait for the 10k followers mark to get the swipe up linking feature, either.
You should always link your IGTV videos to IG stories. Over 400 million stories are created and seen every day. It’s a platform feature with a lot of active users that are likely to engage with your content.
Instagram is showing no signs of slowing down, video is still the most valuable type of content online today, and more and more people are moving to mobile for their online use. IGTV is the only top platform made for that demand: a vertical (mobile-first) video platform with full Instagram integration and support.
When you know how to share a video on Instagram, you stand to expand your reach to digital natives - millennials and gen z users whose mobile use demand for vertical videos and longer forms of video content.
IGTV also supports desktop uploads, enabling you to maximize what you can create and upload on the platform. This means more opportunities to share your brand’s story in a meaningful way and at a higher quality.
IGTV may be the future of mobile video platforms. Get ahead of competitors and build your brand with IGTV in mind, too.