Instagram questions can be a valuable feature for growing your Insta. Since Instagram story questions were introduced in 2018, content creators and companies have been able to take engagement to new heights while being more innovative than ever.
How To Add Instagram Questions Stickers
Adding question stickers are easy. Figuring out the best way to use them? Well, that’s the hard part.
To add a question sticker, swipe up as you are creating a new story. You can create a poll, ask an open-ended question, or use the heart-eye emoji slider. Each of these formats of Instagram questions have their own purpose, so the proper strategy for you will depend on your niche and objectives.
The Best Kind Of Questions
- Heart Slider: Using the heart slider works well for highly visual content. If you’re a brand, you can use the question slider to post new (or upcoming) merchandise and allow followers to show how much they love a product. It’s easy-peasy market research!
- Polls: You can create fun opportunities to engage with your followers via the poll feature. Whether you want to ask something practical - to gauge your audience’s interest in something - or you just want to ask the age old question: “chocolate ice cream or vanilla,” polls provide you with a great opportunity to do so.
- Open-ended: The open-ended Instagram questions are beneficial for brands and creators of all sorts. Whether you’re a fashion blogger that wants to answer style questions, a fitness guru who wants to host a personal Q&A, or a consumer goods brand that wants to find out what products customers are craving, open-ended Instagram questions can be incorporated consistently and creatively.
The Benefits Of Question Stickers
- Increased engagement: This goes without saying. With IG’s algorithm changing more than Nicki Minaj changes wigs, it’s important to ensure that you’re taking any and every opportunity to engage with your audience. If you become too lazy about spurring genuine engagement, your success on Insta will suffer.
- You know what your audience best likes: There’s no better way to find out what your audience likes than to ask them yourself.
- You can adjust content accordingly: Once you have confirmation of what your audience likes, you can tailor your content so that they find it compelling.
Looking at your story’s metrics is absolutely key to knowing what works and what doesn’t. Although the word may sound intimidating, metrics don’t have to freak you out. You can learn a lot from those little numbers that you’re used to ignoring.
Your story analytics will be most accurate when you are posting on Instagram consistently and thus can clearly compare what your followers are interested in –– as opposed to what they are skipping right past.
Instagram does a really great job of making this easy; all you have to do is swipe up on your story and you’ll be greeted with key insights. You will be able to see how many views different posts on your story have received, how many replies you generated, how many people went back, forward, and exited –– and so many other little peeks into what exactly your audience is loving. It’s simple: if one type of content isn’t doing too hot, stop making that content. If one type of content is absolutely #killingit, keep doing it.
Social media is a microcosm of business in general: you have to find out what your audience likes, and then “sell it to them.” When used properly, Instagram questions provide content creators with immense opportunities to create more genuine and intimate connections with followers –– all while continuing to grow their audience and influence.