Mother’s Day is a great way to show your mom some love on social media. A simple post on Instagram or Facebook on the day can go a long way. This tells your mom that you’re thinking about her, and that you want to show her off to your followers!
We’ve got a few ideas for custom posts that are sure to surprise and delight your mom on her special day.
1. Before and After Photo Collage
Got a favorite photo of you as a child with your mom? Why not recreate it? Spend a few hours or days with your mom remembering and reliving your favorite memory with her while recreating the ‘after’ photo.
Once done, use Instasize to create the collage! Here’s how:
- Step #1: Tap the ‘+’ icon at the bottom of the Instasize app screen and choose ‘Collage’.
- Step #2: Pick the ‘before’ and ‘after’ shot from your Camera Roll and choose your collage’s layout.
- Step #3: Tap the Border Editor (square icon with a small square inside of it) and drag the slider to increase or decrease the thickness of your border. You can also choose a border from the many border packs available - including our new 'Mother's Day' pack.
- Step #4: Tap the Text Styles 'A' icon to add a Happy Mother’s Day greeting on your image. Choose a layout, tap the text box, and type in your own text! You can then reposition or resize it on your image.
Want to make it a surprise? Get other family members in on it! Recreate a photo with your siblings, or your dad instead. Your mom will appreciate how her family has grown happy and healthy.
2. Share a Meaningful Quote
The internet has no shortage of poems and quotes that can help you convey just how much you love your mom. Share one to show your appreciation to your mom (and all other important moms in your life!) by quickly making a graphic.
Instasize’s Text Styles will help you create a unique and custom image with professional-looking typography. It will only take a few taps, but it will look like you spent a lot of time and effort on it!
- Step #1: Tap ‘+’ and choose ‘Photo’. Pick one of your mom (or one with you both!), this will be the base of your image.
- Step #2: Add text by tapping the 'A' Text Styles icon, and selecting 'Styles.' Choose a layout and tap the text box and write in your own text. You can also change the color using the color picker in the text editor.
- Step #3: Using 2 fingers, reposition and resize your text anywhere on your image. Want a different variation of the text style? Tap the Shuffle icon and see your Text Style change without breaking the design!
- Step #4: Tap the Share icon and immediately share it on social media platforms.
Instead of quoting others, why not quote your mom? Share the most valuable advice she has given you. Everyone could use the wisdom of every mom!
3. Share a good ol’ selfie!
Take Mother’s Day to show off not just your beauty, but your mother’s too! Why not share your favorite selfie with your mom and include a heartwarming message? Your mom will definitely appreciate that you’ve taken the time to share how much you love her to your followers.
Make sure you and your mom look your best using InstaSize’s editing features.
- Step #1: On the Instasize photo editor, tap the adjustment settings icon to play with your photo’s settings. You can manually increase or decrease settings like Brightness, Contrast, Shadows, and Highlights by tapping on a setting and using the slider to increase or decrease intensity.
- Step #2: Do a little light retouching. Tap the retouch option in the adjustment's menu and access options like ‘Smooth’, ‘Acne’, or ‘Whiten’. You can enhance you and your mom’s beauty and remove slight imperfections on the photo.
- Step #3: Add a filter. This is a great way to make sure your photo fits your message. For example, if you’re going for a nostalgic post, you can apply a black and white filter or one with more sepia tones.
You can also give your mom the spotlight by sharing your favorite photos of her. Or maybe photos where you look alike and make your followers guess if it’s you or your mom.