Snapchat is one of the easiest and most engaging ways for you to share your lives to your friends. With their huge library of filters, lenses, and more, you can get creative with your snaps in just a few quick swipes and taps. Did you know you could create personal snapchat filters for special occasions + events? Keep reading to find out how.
Making your location accessible by Snapchat will open your account up to any sponsored filters in the area. This is where making your own comes into play. They’re the perfect addition to any birthday party, wedding, business, brand, or establishment!
Note: Creating custom filters is a paid feature from Snapchat.
How to Make a Snapchat Filter:
1. Go to Snapchat’s Create page and choose what type you want to create. Aside from filters, you can also make your own custom lenses and bitmoji to accompany all of your online creations.
2. Once you’ve chosen a product (for now, we’ll focus on filters), it’s time for the fun part: designing! There are filter designs available that you can build from, or you can create from scratch! You can also add text and change the font style, size, and color.
3. Upload elements to add to your filter. If you’ve got a logo or a photo you want to add to your filter, just upload it to Snapchat’s Create Filter interface. You can add photos you’ve created from editing apps like Instasize.
4. After you’ve finalized your filter design, go to ‘Dates’ and select the date and time you want your filter to be available. You can even have it available for the long-term.
5. Click ‘Next’ or ‘Location’. You can custom draw a ‘fence’ around the area where you want your filter to be available for use. Location will determine how much your Snapchat filter will be.
6. If your design, date, time, and location is final, it’s time to hit “Checkout”.
Want to make a custom geofilter for a public place like parks and neighborhoods? It’s just as easy, plus it’s free to create and submit!
Submit a Custom GeoFilter:
1. Visit the Snapchat home page and scroll down until you see the option “Community Filters” from there the website will ask you to upload a design you would have needed to create outside of the site. Some important things to note:
– You need to create a PNG file that is 1,080px wide by 1,920px tall with a transparent background that is under 300KB in file size.
2. Once you’re done, draw a fence around where you want your filter to be applied then hit ‘Next’
3. Type in your email, name, and the description of your filter then hit ‘Submit’
You can even create and submit filters for moments, and if Snapchat approves, it could be available to Snapchat users around the world!
Snapchat is constantly thinking of new ways to keep us all hooked, even with very tough competition *cough* Instagram Stories *cough*. Do you have a big birthday or event coming up? How about a community center that you love? Get everyone back on the snap by creating a custom filter and make your location or event all the more creative, fun, and interesting.